Precautions of use concerning neodymium magnets

Liability

LaPaDD sarl takes no responsability for damage or injuries cause by inadequate or careless use of the magnets purchased from its websites. By completing your purchase of our magnets, you confirm that you have read and understood the following warnings.

 

Metal splintering, splintering of coating

Due to repeated collision or large pressure, neodymium magnets or their nickel coating can crack and sharp splinters can be catapulted : avoid repeated collision of magnets, wear safety glasses and glove while handling large magnets.

 

Risks with children

Children could swallow small magnets, or might try to insert them into an electrical device or power outlet. Several magnets, even small ones, multiplicate their attractive force : handling multiple magnets can lead to contusions and bruises. Magnets are not toys, please make sure that children do not play with magnets, whether they are small or large.

 

Contusions

Big magnets have a very strong attractive force. Even small magnets while handled in large quantities can have a surprisingly strong attractive force too. Unsafe handling could cause jamming of fingers or skin in between magnets. Larger magnets can cause bone fractures.

Please handle magnets carefully, and keep in mind that they can be dangerous for your bones.

 

Magnetic fields - risks for magnetic cards, electronic devices, pacemakers

Neodymium magnets are way more powerful than classic ferrite magnets. Keep magnets away from your devices and objects that could be damaged by magnetic fields : TVs, monitors, credit cards, pacemakers, data storage media (all kind of tapes, hard disks, floppy disks, etc...), mechanical watches, hearing aids and speakers.

 

Drilling, cutting, glueing and heating

The best method to fasten a magnet is to use glue. Neodymium magnets are brittle, heat-sensitive and oxidise easily. When drilling or sawing a magnet with improper tools, the magnet may break. The emerging heat may demagnetize the magnet. The magnet will oxidise and disintegrate due to the damaged nickel coating.

Avoid drilling, sawing, cutting a magnet. Rather glue it.

 

Nickel allergy

Most magnets are coated with nickel. Some people have an allergic reaction when they come into contact with nickel, nickel allergies could develop from constant contact with nickel plated objects: avoid constant skin contact with nickel plated magnets, avoid any contact with magnets if you already know you have a nickel allergy.el) pour voir si vous réagissez.

 

Influence on people

According to the current level of knowledge, magnetic fields of permanent magnets do not have a measurable positive or negative influence on people. It is unlikely that permanent magnets constitute a health risk, but it cannot be ruled out entirely. For your own safety, avoid constant contact with magnets. Store large magnets at least one metre away from your body.