design steel and glass wasp trap
- dimensions : Ø 97 mm, H 185 mm
- weight : 450g
- stainless steel and glass
- 30cm sheathed suspension cable
- opening mechanism
- design : Isabel Hamm, Manfred von Heereman
- made in Germany
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you like eating outside but wish to avoid untimely visits from unwanted wasps
- you want to be able to take a nap serenely on your balcony or your terrace sleeping with your mouth open if you so wish
- you want to make sure the children are safe in the garden but can no longer stand the sight of this plastic bottle placed on the floor and filled with raspberry syrup, with which they love to play
how does it work?
The wasp trap is useful from March to September. When pouring a sweet liquid (apple juice, syrup, or special wasp liquid bait - recommended since only wasps and flies show an interest, thus avoiding bees getting caught and having a very bad time with one of their predators) wasps are attracted and stuck inside the glass tube. They remain trapped once they have gone through the entrance lock specially designed to stop them getting out again and stop butterflies going in.
The wasp trap is designed to be used outside (e.g. on a balcony, a terrace, or a garden). Do not place the wasp trap inside the house, otherwise hymenopters would be drawn to it unnecessarily.
Instructions for use:
1. open the wasp trap by following the instructions below ("Open" paragraph)
2. fill up the container 10 to 15mm high. LaPaDD has selected the well-named Guêp'Clac liquid bait for you. Concentrated (dilute with two measures of water), powerful, selective, organic, Guêp'Clac liquid bait is the infallible partner for your wasp trap.
3.hang the wasp trap in a high place (ideally 1 or 2 days before) 2 to 5m away from the place you want to protect, a table in the garden for instance. We do not recommend you only hang the wasp trap during your meal because the bait will not have time to achieve its maximal efficiency in such a short time.
SET UP AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
(1) Insert the suspension cable hooks in the holes provided. To take it down, carry out the operation in reverse.
NB! Before filling up the reservoir with liquid or cleaning it, always take down the wasp trap and place it on a flat surface. Stay away from windows and entrances to the house as far as possible to avoid surviving wasps bothering you inside.
Once you have removed the hood, you can pull out the glass tube to gain easy access to the reservoir.
Pour 10 to 15mm of:
Free the wasps that may have survived the next morning (insects trapped the day before will theoretically have drowned) by opening the top hood as described above. Ensure you:
- take down the trap
- place it on a flat surface, if possible far from the house openings
- gently make the steel bars pivot whilst keeping the hood on
- do not place your face above the glass tube
- stretch out your arm to get as much distance as possible and remove the hood (keep it in your hand)
Odourless - organic.
Instructions for use
N.B. Preferably open the trap in the morning, since insects trapped the day before will have drowned.
extras - wasps and hornets do not only bother us when we are eating in peace or resting in the garden: they can represent a real danger by causing an anaphylactic shock with allergic people, or be inadvertently consumed and cause an obstruction of the respiratory system.
respectful of life - used with the Guep'Clac liquid bait (organic product, made in France by Protecta), only wasps and flies are trapped. Bumble bees, bees, and other pollinator insects are not attracted by the bait. Butterflies can not enter thanks to the lock specifically designed to spare them.
practical - a wasp trap is supposedly so simple to make that you wonder why spend any money when you can make it yourself with recycled materials. Having said that, in order to be efficient, it needs to be placed high up (a 30 cm sheathed stainless steel cable allows you to hang it where you want easily), stop butterflies entering inadvertently (the opening has been designed to prevent butterflies from getting in), be hermetic (a spring system efficiently holds the hood on the glass tube). Made of glass and steel, it is also easy to clean (water and detergent will do the trick, the tube can be placed in the dishwasher)
aesthetic - more elegant and much more functional than a tinkered plastic bottle, this very refined and timeless glass and steel trap will adapt in style to all environments.
durable - made in Germany with quality materials, the wasp trap has a superior life span than ours...