Oo indoor or outdoor openwork tyvek curtain by Fab Design
- dimensions : width 1,52m - height 2,70m
- weight : 174 g with packaging
- no hem, adjustable height by simply cutting with scissors or a Stanley knife®
- 100% tyvek (non woven pure polythene fibres)
- machine washable - cold- without spin-drying (delicate cycle) or with a sponge and soapy water
- NEVER IRON
- non toxic and recyclable
- hand perforated panel made in France
- design: Fab Design
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you are hooked on the disco ball, you love openwork atmospheres where light pierces here and there and creates a graphic ambiance
- you are allergic to needles, hems, sewing...and are looking for easy to set up curtains
- you admire the genius of chemists and appreciate technical materials: the textured white of tyvek®, its resistance and its lightness enthral you
how does it work?
Oo is a curtain that filters and diffuses light magnificently, like a moucharaby for instance. It thus protects from the sun without concealing it completly and protects from outsiders looking in. It withstands water so it can be used indoors as well as outdoors, in a lounge, a bedroom, an office, but also as a sunshade on a terrace or as a shower curtain.
Adjusting height and width
The Oo Tyvek curtain is a non woven panel. It therefore needs no sewing. You can reduce its height by simply cutting the bottom off. If you wish to reduce its width, you can also do the same but you will cut through the top cord which is optional depending on the use you make of the curtain.
Since the Oo Tyvek curtain is very light, you can place two, even three or four panels on a same rail with no reinforcement in the middle (obviously choose a good curtain rail). Your panels move freely from one end of the rail to the other with no difficulty.
Several possibilities to hang your curtain:
- using curtain hooks with clips, available almost everywhere in the shops (see picture on the right). A cord slipped in the cuff at the top of the curtain provides the hooks with a perfect hold. You will then be able to hang your curtain either on a cable or a curtain rail.
- by hanging your curtain using the cord at the top that goes from one end to the other. Two small hooks in the wall or a doorway and Bob's your uncle. With this technique the width is set (152cm).
- If none of the solutions above suit you, you are left with more DIY methods that require a certain know how: stapling, suspension using elastic bands...
Machine wash: the tyvek® curtain can be cleaned (separately) in the washing machine, delicate cycle without spin-drying. Do not put it in the tumble drier. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
With a sponge: if the curtain does not require a full wash, a sponge and soapy water will do fine for a quick and efficient clean without taking the curtain down.
tyvek®, a material that ages well
Tyvek is an unusual material that combines great lightness and strength. Touching it feels like a thin layer of wax. Your tyvek curtain has a distinctive feature: it changes with time. The older it gets the more flexible and smoother its texture becomes.
Tyvek® is an exceptional material, invented and patented by the American chemistry giant DuPont in the sixties.
This 100% synthetic (polythene) non woven textile offers a number of exceptional properties:
- extremely light and flexible
- naturally white and opaque, smooth on the surface
- practically tear-proof, excellent resistance to distortion
- dimensional stability
- waterproof and rotproof
- resistant to acids and solvents
- non toxic and recyclable
Extensively used in the construction industry (insulation and sealing of rooftops and facades), it is also found in the form of envelopes (light and tear-proof), protective overalls, covers, packaging....
innovative - changing your habits and replacing a cotton curtain or Venetian blinds with a tyvek curtain may well change everything!
graphic - there are those who are mad about bayadere stripes or Toile de Jouy, the fanatics of Louis XIV style or else huge fans of geometric, refined and sober shapes. If you belong to the third group the Tyvek Oo curtains are made for you!
atypical - a curtain like no other.