Pulltex vacuum wine pump and stopper - economical version
- dimensions : height 95mm, diam 48mm
- weight : 100g
- patented by Pulltex®
- ABS body, rubber ring
- chrome metal shell
- fits any type of wine bottle
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you drink small quantities of good wine and would like to keep it as long as possible under optimal conditions
- you are sick of looking for the pump and the stopper separately
- you want your bottle of Gewurzstramminer to fit in the door of your refrigerator with its stopper
how does it work?
|place the stopper on the neck of the bottle and push
||unlock the piston by turning the upper part of the stopper to the left
||activate the piston to pump out the air
||pumping varies according to how much air is left in the bottle: the fuller the bottle, the less you need to pump
|to open, block the piston by turning the upper part of the stopper to the right
||place the bottle on a flat surface, hold it firmly and push the stopper upward
||you will hear a noise a little like the pop of a champagne cork: the air is now back in the bottle!
There are several schools of thought when it comes to keeping an open bottle of wine:
- you simply re-cork the open bottle of wine (in this case, you must drink the bottle as soon as possible as the wine will deteriorate during the time you are not drinking it)
- you seal the bottle with a special cork that doesn't make a vacuum (same problem, the wine will deteriorate no matter how pretty the cork is)
- you use your special cork with a separate vacuum pump: you place the stopper, you place the pump, you pump, you store the bottle, you put away the pump (the wine will now keep well, but you've gone through a lot of steps to get there)
- you use the Pulltex® vacuum stopper with its built-in pump (you place the stopper, you pump, you put away the bottle with the whole thing on top)
As you may have guessed, we recommend the fourth method. The vacuum wine pump and stopper is an all-in-one system that is practical, efficient, and faster to use than the other methods. Its high-clearance pump allows you to create a vacuum in 10 pumps for an almost empty bottle, and 3 for a bottle that has just been opened.
One more major advantage: unlike other stoppers with built-in pumps, it wraps around the neck and only adds 15mm to the height of the bottle. Thus tall bottles (like Alsatian wine bottles) will fit in your refrigerator door.
This stopper is virtually identical to the Vide Air wine stopper sold by LaPaDD since 2010, the only difference being that it lacks a decorative metal cap. It is a little less attractive than its predecessor, but it is also almost half as expensive and has exactly the same technical qualities: if you create a good vacuum with the pump, it can lengthen the life of your opened bottle by as much as two weeks.
affordable: an indispensable tool for wine lovers who drink in moderation and prefer quality to quantity.
efficient: more practical than a separate pump, faster than most separate pumps, and much faster to use than other stopper models with built-in pumps.
compact: only 15mm of extra height with this stopper: you can continue to store your bottle in the refrigerator door!