Redecker double-sided dog brush
- dimensions : L 23.5cm
- weight : 90g
- waxed beech wood
- 1 side light bristle
- 1 side wooden stems with rounded tips
- design: Redecker (Germany, brush specialist for more than 75 years)
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you want only the best for your lovely golden retriever
- you went for a long-haired dog that requires regular and meticulous care, and wish to acquire the best tools available
- you like natural materials: wood and boar bristle
how does it work?
Why brush your dog's hair?
The aim is to avoid long-haired dogs' coat getting tangled, by removing dead hair and getting rid of stains. If you avoid the formation of hair balls (knots, burrs or... canine dreadlocks), the dog's skin breathes better, thus stimulating surface blood circulation and avoiding the formation of eczema patches.
Second beneficial effect: you are taking care of your dog, contributing to its relaxation with the massage effect, and consequently are reinforcing the relationship between you and you dog. The dog's coat is a reflection of its good health. Taking care of its coat contributes to its well-being.
Basic rules and advice to brush your dog
- always gently, without force, especially if you encounter knots (that would make them even more difficult to get rid of)
- always lustre your dog's coat (light bristle side) in the direction of hair growth
- in case of a recalcitrant knot, try and undo it by hand, possibly sprinkle talcum powder on the dog's coat to facilitate brushing and detangling
- never cut knots in your dog's hair with scissors (you will risk injuring the dog)
How to brush which dog?
- short-haired dogs: first against the direction of hair growth with the wooden stems, then a short brushing session once or twice a week will do the trick
- dogs with rough and short hair: first against the direction of hair growth with the wooden stems, to remove dirt, then in the direction of hair growth with the natural bristle side to lustre the coat
- long-haired dogs: daily brushing required! against the direction of hair growth first with the wooden stems, then in the direction of hair growth with the natural bristle side to lustre the coat
German quality- made in Germany by Redecker, brush specialist for more than 75 years
organic materials - waxed beech wood, natural boar bristle and wooden stems with rounded tips
excellent value for money - a simple and inexpensive product