Silent Socks® anti-noise and anti-scratch furniture glides
- dimensions : diam. 48 mm, H40 mm
- weight : 21g
- 18dB acoustic reduction
- superior quality conception, excellent durability (>40,000 usage cycles)
- patented product
- adapted to metal tube chair legs with a diam. of 16 to 22mm and ø20 to 30mm
- 100% wool felt, rubber and TPE
- machine washable max. 40°C (wool cycle)
- machine dryable
- ultra-easy installation, no tools needed
- IMPORTANT : 4 units are necessary for 1 chair
- design: Silent Socks (Sweden)
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you are sick and tired of those felt stick-on pads that won't stay stuck to the bottom of your chair legs and don't really work anyway
- you are ready to give your upstairs neighbors (whose scraping chairs drive you nuts) a lovely present
- you can't stand the sound of chairs scraping on your own floor
how does it work?
Makes sure that the diameter of your chair's legs is between 16 and 27mm.
Choose the version you need
La gamme Silent Socks est désormais disponible en 4 couleurs :
Silent Socks Original Dark Grey
Silent Socks Original Light Grey
Silent Socks Original Black
Silent Socks Original Red
Silent Socks HD (Heavy Duty*) Dark Grey
Install the chair glides on the chair's legs
So easy a child could do it:
- leave the glides that are already on the chair where they are
- slide each chair leg into the hole on each Silent Sock: it's all set!
When your Silent Socks anti-noise chair glides start to get dirty, you can very easily clean them by putting them in the washing machine and then the dryer:
- 30°C in the washing machine (wool cycle)
A first word of warning
These furniture glides tend to increase the sliding power of the chair. Therefore, a chair equipped with Silent Socks should be used normally, i.e., avoid rocking back and forth on it because the glides may increase the risk of falling over.
A second word of warning
If Silent Socks are extremely resistant, they are not indestructible. It is therefore appropriate to note the following points:
- the type of flooring is not without importance in the pad attrition: on old polished floors (with lots of space between the blades), stone floors, tiles and ceramic marked with seals, it is strongly recommended to use the Silent Socks HD version (only in dark gray, synthetic coated).
- if the base chairs have no bumper tip, it is necessary to add one before inserting the Silent Socks: the friction of the bare tube within the pad Silent Socks cause accelerated attrition (from the inside) and his untimely destruction.
Silent Socks were designed to dampen the noise produced by scraping metal chairs on the floor, by combining two actions:
- absorption of sound by the use of soundproofing insulation materials (rubber, wool felt)
- increasing sliding capacity, reducing not only noise, but the risk of scratches on the floor
These high-concept anti-noise chair glides—a ball of rubber reinforced with thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), covered with wool felt—are the most effective glides available on the market today. They attain 18dB(A) noise absorption, which is impressive considering specialists say an absorption of 8 to 10dB(A) represents a 50% reduction of noise.
Resistance tests on Silent Socks (conducted by the very official SP Technical Institute of Sweden) justify their price and confirm their quality:
- After 40,000 cycles (1 cycle = chair holding 50kg, pulled forward 40cm and pushed back 40cm), the glides were in perfect shape, and the wool felt was intact.
- The second best result in these tests was attained by tennis balls: the rubber broke apart after 23,000 cycles.
- In short, the Silent Socks noise-reduction furniture glides will last longer than their owners!
effective - effective not only in theory (with 18dB(A) sound reduction) but also in practice (thousands of Swedish chairs in homes and schools are equipped with them), Silent Socks truly protect your floor and protect your ears
worth the price - at first, you may think these furniture glides are very expensive, but the quality of their design and manufacture makes them very durable. A chair equipped with Silent Socks has glides that will probably last longer than the chair
ecologically responsible - made in Sweden with natural materials (100% wool felt, rubber, and a few tiny elastomers for reinforcement), Silent Socks did not have to cross oceans to get to your home
- Press pictures (HR 300dpi) - 4 visuals (zip, 3.9 MB)