suction pad indoor or outdoor window thermometer
- dimensions : thermometer: 12.7 cm - diam 0.5 cm
- weight : 15g
- materials: glass, alcohol, silicone, rubber
- sold individually
- suction pad diameter 4 cm
- alcohol thermometer (red)
- amplitude: -20C° to +50C°
- made in Germany in a workshop for the disabled
FAITES VOTRE CHOIX :
3 good reasons
- you've had enough of changing the batteries of the weather station
- you are looking for a simple solution to check the indoor or outdoor temperature
- you like sticking thermometers everywhere, and being able to read the outdoor temperature without opening the window
how does it work?
Installing one's thermometer
- unwrap the thermometer which is carefully wrapped in its bubble pack
- remove one of the rubber bands of the thermometer
- insert the thermometer in the suction pad support
- replace the rubber band on the thermometer on the other side of the suction pad support
- choose the window where you will place it
- thoroughly clean the window with glass cleaner or methylated spirit
- press the suction pad to put it in position
Carefully choose the surface where you will fix the suction pad
Choosing an appropriate surface for suction pads is necessary if you want your indoor or outdoor thermometer to stay in place.
As for any suction pad, the surface must be perfectly smooth: mirrors, windows, smooth tiling are the most reliable surfaces. Lacquered surfaces (wood, metal) can do the job, depending on the type of lacquer.
This thermometer can give you the indoor or outdoor temperature, and remains legible without opening the window.
Carefully choose the position of the thermometer
Theoretically, one places a thermometer on the north side of the house: an exposure to sunlight is likely to disrupt the measurement.
NB ! you will have noticed, this thermometer can be placed outdoors whilst being legible from inside which is very practical. However, the suction pad is not a definitive fixing system and you should pay attention to the following points:
- temperature variations can modify the bonding of the suction pad: regularly check the correct bonding of the suction pad, and if necessary remove it, clean it, dry it thoroughly, clean the glass surface, then fix it again
- even if this model has a very small surface: avoid installing it in places that are too exposed to wind or bad weather
- also beware of blinds, shutters and other window equipment: ensure before you install your thermometer you will not crush it when pulling the blinds down.
This thermometer is made by Fairwerk, a company resembling the French CATs (Centre d'Aide par le Travail) in the beautiful high Bavarian village of Wasserburg am Inn (Germany).
Fairwerk employs more than 300 disabled people under the explicit catch phrase: nice things made by disabled people. Thanks to methods of breaking down of the manufacturing process tasks, the company offers more and more complex products, whilst always respecting the same quality standards.
simple: easy to install, easy to place elsewhere, indoor or outdoor temperature, this is total sobriety with no concession on functionality.
excellent value for money: 10€!
non polluting: mercury free, you do not risk annoying pollution if it breaks