Tips & Tricks tested for you
There is nothing more enraging than these stickers stuck directly onto products (by manufacturers, distributors, or… by ourselves…) and so hard to remove.
Good news: Professionals specialised in signage systems know the trick. We tested it for you, it works perfectly well. All you need to do is scrupulously follow the instructions below:
- get some white spirit, methylated spirit, a cloth, and a sheet of kitchen towel
- soak the sticker in white spirit with the cloth
- wait several minutes (very important, let the chemistry, like for love, do its thing… impatient people will find themselves short changed)
- after several minutes, remove the sticker by hand: it must come off in one, even if only the auto adhesive film remains because you rubbed it beforehand with a sponge, you should, simply with your nail, be able to remove the “substance”
- with a sheet of kitchen towel and methylated spirits, clean the greasy patch remaining on the surface: methylated spirit degreases and cleans the surface.
- white spirit + methylated spirit, nothing else ! do not use acetone that could attack the plastic or the paint on the surface
- avoid rubbing with an object, preferably use fingers. If you really want to use a tool, the best is a piece of plastic such as a credit card